Saturday, February 16, 2008

Once

I finally rented "Once" , after wanting to see it for a while, and missing it when it came to theatres here. I already knew what was going to happen at the end, because my friend Wil had told me, but I still wanted to see what it had to offer. After being moved by the wonderful music and story, I started identifying with it. I can't help but think what I was told : "That's reality!" I disagree.

The characters are both involved in tough situations, he wants to get a record deal and sees the only opportunity is moving to London. She has a child and a mother to take care of while also trying to work things out with her husband. What I don't understand is this, How can you meet someone whom you get along great, someone who you share so much in common with, someone who you enjoy even in fights, just someone who makes you feel like they get you, someone special, and not do anything about keeping that ? Does anyone know how hard it is to find someone like that? You don't just meet people like that all the time. So why does everyone have to be so complacent? So fine with not doing anything to see where this might take you. And they both leave each other to stay with : The ex girlfriend who cheated on him and the husband who she has nothing in common with. THAT is quite sad, and if that's reality then I'm an alien.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

right on, cris! But it's true for a lot of ppl to let such chances slip by, unfortunately. So if we really want to not regret while we're still alive then maybe we should realize that we go through this life only once! (haha, q cheesy, but nevertheless true)