Sunday, July 6, 2008

Paris et moi

I thought that I would have the chance to write everyday, but Paris demands that I give it the most attention possible. Being able to speak French on a daily basis, communicating properly with locals and international students has been one of the most satisfying experiences I've had. I am in love with this city, everyday I've met different people, from various cultures and countries. My first week in Paris has been, vraiment (truly), a success. I'm still trying to get used to the day ending at 10pm, it makes me sleep less as I usually do. French people are very polite, of course, there will always be meanies around, but I've found them to be quite charming and interesting, as opossed to comments I've heard from friends who have visited Paris. My room at La Fondation de Belgique (Cite Universitaire de Paris) is comfortable and gives me lots of independence and privacy. Today, marked the first day that I didn't see any of my mates from Puerto Rico. I stayed around campus, had a cheap lunch at the Cafeterie of the Maison Internationale while I did some homework. Now, being almost 11pm, I must study fast so I can have a nice rest, its my birthday tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRIS!

I'm so glad you're having an awesome time in Paris. It's so awesome that you finally got to go :D I hope I can go to my dreamland next year... *_*