Saturday, January 26, 2008

Med School, Med School, Med School

That's what keeps ringing in my head during most of my days. With the notion that I got accepted into choice #2 (Ponce School of Medicine) I feel calmer, knowing that no matter what occurs with choice #1 (UPR- Medical Sciences Campus) I'm going to be studying medicine this year. BUT, being I, I still worry, because choice #1 hasn't called. I called them on Friday, and the Admissions lady told me that next week they would be getting in contact with a group of people to invite them for an interview. She also said that interviews will be held until the end of March, so I’m assuming that I'll know if I get in on April or even May. That for me is a long wait, but I guess I have no other choice.

Today I received the official acceptance letter from Ponce, I have to give them $1,000 and a letter accepting my position, they gave me 20 days to do that. My mother suggested to wait a bit to see what happens with choice #1 but in 20 days the most that can happen is an invitation for an interview. So, I'm paying Ponce.... somehow.

This whole situation just makes me worried, at least I turned down another med school before giving them $100, so I saved there. I just want to be done with this transitional phase of my life. Sigh, at least I’m not worrying about trivial issues, plus I can see some fun in this waiting game.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope it goes by for you quickly too. I know what it's like playing the waiting game for parts of your life that have yet to happen. Heck, I just went through that and it really is hard at first but if you keep your chin up and trust God, things'll work out.

Meche said...

Esa gente de Ponce son unos pillos!! No te devuelven los chavos o parte de ellos si decides no ir pa allá? Damn!