Monday, April 14, 2008

The Hunt

I went out with some friends last Saturday to a very popular College bar that I've never been to, and thought I'd share this. For a few moments Gloria and I were left alone, we decided to stay at the stage area where an OK band was playing. Then, a minute after we take our spots a guy comes over, stands next to Gloria and pretends he's looking for someone. I notice he keeps getting closer, glancing at us, looking for any sort of welcoming stare. I laugh, men with their silly fear of getting "shut down" (a fear we all experience) resort to those techniques. Gloria and I joke about it and just keep listening to the music when all of a sudden I realize that two guys are standing next to me, doing the exact same thing! Whoa, what's going on? Look in front of you, there are two other guys in front of us smiling. Now, I ask myself if we're the only single girls at that bar or is this just a mechanism that I wasn't aware of. Usually, when I go out, there is at least a male friend who… I'm assuming, scares off a couple of guys from attempting an approach. I'm felling surrounded, pretty soon one of them is going to jump, exposing tiger like features, and will probably kill one of us. We danced for a little while when all of a sudden, Gloria gets a call, it’s Victor and of course we have to leave in order to get some decent reception, as we leave I hear an “Oh, man, why are they leaving?”. Pues, mala suerte.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THEY HAD YOU SURROUNDED! hahahahah omg, estan pasás! Maybe when I go over there we should all go to shannan's but I have to dress up in drag so I experience this hilarious occurrence and then maybe even get a pickup line thrown at me "hey baby, um, I lost my virginity, can I have yours?" (<- stole that from the internet but it's so bad I had to say it XD)