Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My day

At 8:15am the phone rings, and a very sleepy me answers.....

Me: "Hello..."
My sister: "Ok, Cristie, I need your help! How do you spell, Chicken?"
Me: “What?"
Sister: "How?!?!?!"
Me: "C-H-I-C-K-E-N"
Sister: "Ok, now, potatoes???"
........

She pretty much made me spell a bunch of words. I figured she was doing English homework with my niece, but the weirdest thing is that, my sister is fully bilingual (Spanish & English). So I didn't understand why she needed my help to spell those words. I went back to sleep and later asked her what was wrong. "I was late and my mind got blocked!” she replied. I can't grasp how a professional, with a master's, who does business in the United States and has ranked as one of the best in her field could forget that, she's so funny.


__________________


"It's just too bad he's not willing to step out of his comfort zone to reach you." A stranger says as I stand in the check out line at the Supermarket. I turn to my right and stare at his piercing brown eyes. He smiles, wishes me a goodnight, and walks away to another, more empty line.

No comments: