Tuesday, December 18, 2007

To each it's own

Yesterday, I embarked on a journey that will potentially lead me to a new step in my life. As I rode around in my “new” red car I decided to put some of my own CDs, instead of listening to the sometimes boring, radio. With “In My Place” playing it’s wonderful melodies, I lower my windows and realize I’m at the highest part of the highway, surrounded by mountains. The cold breeze tickles my arms and brushes my hair, and all of a sudden, the music, scenery, breeze and mood felt just perfect. That same road has been taken before, with family, friends and even by myself but I must say it was the best drive I’ve had by myself.

With my first interview ever at Ponce School of Medicine, I was a bit worried today. I dressed up, told my sister I looked like a teacher and headed off to the campus. After waiting for a while, I was sent in the dry heat of Ponce, to other buildings. Both interviews turned out to be good, the second better than the first. My second interviewer an Anatomy professor, seemed very impressed by me, and she let me know. Her compliments made me feel like all the hard work had not been done in vain. I was satisfied and proud. They both seemed interested and entertained by the conversation, lasting both interviews over 30 minutes.

I had to opportunity to have lunch with my sis, eat a Limbertito and chat with her some more at the house. Driving back to my hometown made me feel excited about this new step. I thought about things that I should change, and overall had a great time.

As I talked with my second interviewer about people who are tough to deal with, I realized that I had learned so much about that subject in the past semester. Even when the people you love the most disappoint you, you must move on and let them live as they wish.

No comments: